Friday, February 4, 2011

Back to Blogging

Well, a few blog posts in and I totally blew it...I have been lagging on updating since October. I was on the phone with Audra today and she reminded me that I really need to update the blog. So here I am! I've only missed three months of Jackson's life...no biggie. He is now walking, talking, and smoking cigars. Not really, obviously, but I'm sure there have been so many great little "milestones" that I've forgotten even took place because now they are part of our daily life.

Here are his 4, 5, and 6 month pictures.



Here's a quick update of what's been going on....Jackson had his first Thanksgiving in November. He slept thru dinner and woke up just as it was almost dessert time. He had a few bites of sweet potato and was done! Christmas was great. Jackson was spoiled (surprise, surprise) by all. He was just as happy playing with all of the wrapping paper and boxes as he was with his new toys. But it certainly was a joy to experience his first Christmas as a family. In January, Jackson and I flew out to California for Auntie Mishel's baby shower. The trip was wonderful, but I'm not sure I'll be flying alone with a baby any time soon! Once we got back, Jackson got his first really nasty upper respiratory infection and then Sam and I got the flu. It was a long week with all of us sick, but we all survived (due in large part to the fact that Jax went to Yaya and Papa's for the weekend so I could rest up and be baby-free).

Here is Jackson's 7 month picture. That's the most updated one I have...we haven't even done his 8 month yet...whoops! I love his expression in the picture. He is such a goofball.


 These crack me up. RAWR! Make love to the camera Jackson!




Jackson is, as usual, the perfect kid! I wish I could push pause on time because it's flying by way too quickly. He isn't crawling yet. He pushes up on all fours and rocks but then decides he'd rather just keep playing with his toys. He LOVES to stand and play at his activity table and is starting to move around it. I think he may walk first. He babbles a lot but has yet to say a real word. In fact, his favorite thing to do is roll his rrrrrs (think rrrrruffles have rrrridges....remember that old commerical?). It's hilarious. He uses that as his main communication tool whether he's happy, sad, mad, excited....doesn't matter. He just loves to do it. I'll try to figure out how to post a video of it.

Life around here is very busy. Sam is in EMT classes this semester and working full-time, I'm working full-time, and we are both just juggling life day by day. It's a crazy time but we are doing our best to stop and enjoy time with Jackson and take it all in before it's over in the blink of an eye.

I promise I'll work on updating more!

No comments:

Post a Comment